Murphy’s Cheese Sauce
Ask anyone in our family and they will tell you, everything is better with Cheese Sauce! Broccoli… cheese sauce. Pasta… cheese sauce. Cheese… cheese sauce!
Today we are sharing our famous, family cheese sauce recipe! Whip up this quick and easy cheese sauce in only 10 minutes.
– 1/4 cup butter
– 1/4 cup flour
– 2 cups milk
– 1 tsp salt
– 2 cups grated cheese
– a few shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter
- Once the butter is melted and bubbling whisk in the flour. Continue whisking to cook the flour until the mixture becomes smooth, silky and thick in texture.
- Slowly add the milk and continue to wisk.
- Once the milk is lightly bubbling, add the cheese and continue to whisk.
- If you like your cheese sauce runny, add a bit more milk and continue to whisk.
- Cheese sauce will thicken when in the fridge. You can add more milk when you are ready to use it.