Get into the Holiday spirit with these Molasses Crinkle Cookies! The mix of cinnamon and ginger makes for the perfect Christmas cookie.
1 cup of sugar
3/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup of molasses
2 cups of flour
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and self in bowl, whisk and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, combine sugar, shortening, molasses and eggs until well blended (approximately 3 minutes)
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low until a soft dough forms.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon size balls and place on a parchment-lined baking tray lightly pat down balls and sprinkle with sugar if desired
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes