2 Fun Snacks to Make at Home
With all of us stuck at home again we might as well make the best of it so we’re sharing two easy recipes that you can make at home with your kids. Take the much needed break from online learning and try them out!
These pizza twist are so easy and fun to throw together! You can even use our Pizza Dough Dry Mix if you have it or you can find our recipe here. Or you can skip this step and grab some store bought dough. The best part about this recipe is you can change it however you like, just like you would a pizza!
1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cups of pepperoni (small or cut into quarters)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven the 425F
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle on a lightly floured surface
- Combine garlic powder, parsley, Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes in small bowl.
- Sprinkle about half of the seasoning blend evenly onto the dough
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on one half of the dough and top with pepperoni
- Fold the empty side over the cheese and pepperoni, covering
- Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough into thin strips. You should get about 12 strips from one pound of dough
- Twist the strips a few times and press down the ends to keep them closed
- Brush the twists with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning
- Place twists seasoning side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Brush the other side of the twists with olive our and sprinkle with remaining seasoning blend
Rice Krispie Squares
There is nothing easier (or tastier) than a Rice Krispie Square! This recipe is so simple with only 4 ingredients, that you may even have in your pantry already. Change things up from the classic recipe and throw in some Mini Eggs left over from Easter or top with your favourite colour sprinkle! You can’t go wrong, so experiment with your favourite toppings!
250g of regular marshmallows ( about 5 cups of miniature marshmallows)
1/4 cup of butter
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
6 cups of Rice Krispies
- In large saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and add cereal, stirring until coated.
- Using lightly buttered spatula, press into buttered 13 x 9 pan.
- Allow to cool then cut into bars.