REGISTRATION CLOSES IN:
Make something delicious.
Summer is all about ease, lightness and going with the flow.
We are here for it.
Let’s embrace warm evenings, fresh picked produce and simple seasonal cooking. Hang some string lights, pour a cold drink and soak in all that is summer.
Sunshine, swimming and all your favourite people gathered together around the table to enjoy all the flavours summer has to offer. Fresh juicy berries, sweet corn dripping in butter and tomatoes warm from the sun.
This will be your most delicious summer ever. Easy entertaining, time with family, living for the every day moments that make life great.
You are going to feel more kitchen confident than ever before as we make from scratch each week. Come along with us in the tractor as we harvest our farm fresh produce. Sit at the table as we create delicious dishes together.
Live your best summer life with us.
This Summer You Will
And the BEST part?!
You can join us from wherever the summer takes you! The cottage, your home, day or night we are here cheering you on and will be your go-to friend for deliciousness and inspiration!
Hello, Lovely! Hollis here, your resident baker, teacher, teal obsessed friend!
I am the Creative Director and Co-Owner at the farm. I am also a mama to 4 littles (all 5 and under!). If you know me, you know I am all over the map on any given day, wearing all.the.hats. I always do my best to show up as much as humanly possible for the people I care about most.
Sometimes, that showing up means a beautiful, made from scratch meal. And sometimes it means Happy Meals. I am a firm believer in doing what works and serves you most in each moment. Less pressure, less guilt.
Just because I know how to make from scratch, doesn’t mean I do all the time. Goodness no! The whole goal is to be able to. Its about you knowing that you can whenever the opportunity or mood arises!
To be able to create and enjoy the delicious results…well, what could be better?!
I cannot wait to spend the summer making with you! It’s going to be the best most delicious summer ever!
Take a peek inside our Seasonal Summer Kitchen
From our fields to your family, discover a world of new adventures! Learn the skills that we have been passing down for generations and apply them to your home garden or weekly grocery shopping trip.
Take away the stress of making from scratch in the kitchen and bring your meals to new heights with big, bold flavours in simple easy to follow steps!
"There is no mistake you can make in the kitchen that I haven't already made before! Making from scratch is a life long adventure and I am always learning more." - Hollis English
Here is how our Seasonal Summer Kitchen works
When you enrol in our Seasonal Summer Kitchen course you are signing up for an entire summer of delicious recipes, learning and fun.
Each week on the farm brings a new fruit or vegetable that is ready to be harvested and enjoyed. That means there is always something new and fresh to add to your meals!
We follow the natural evolution of each season, bringing you along for the adventure, delivering it to your inbox every single week. No extensive planning needed or to even leave the comfort of home. We do it all for you and hand deliver you a guide to summer eating and enjoyment.
Each week we focus on the fruit or vegetable that is freshest and has just been picked. You will receive a new class in your inbox every Monday for 9 weeks, covering all the best that summer has to offer.
Each class features:
- A virtual cooking class with Hollis, creating a delicious recipe using the featured produce of the week. Hollis makes alongside you, guiding and teaching you every step of the way. From your ingredient list right up until you take it out the oven!
- A printable recipe card download of the recipe of the week so you can easily make it again and again.
- A behind the scenes tour of our farm with Calder. You will get to see how each crop grows and learn a little more about where your food comes from.
- A how-to video on keeping your produce fresh at home, how to select the very best fruits and vegetables and tips for storing.
- A live Q&A (with replays available) each week with Hollis and Calder where you can ask questions and connect with them about food and farming. They will share updates about the farm, more tips and fresh ideas for eating in season.
- Certificate of Completion to show off that you are as Seasonal Summer Kitchen professional. Wow family and friends with not only with your knowledge and amazing recipes, but with this official certificate too.
- Surprise Bonuses!
Annnnnd because life happens on social media, our members only Facebook group will be a wonderful place to connect and share with us as well as your fellow classmates. We are here to cheer each other on!
We will be making a variety of different kinds of recipes to share with your friends and family. It will be a mix of savoury and sweet recipes that will become part of your regular kitchen repertoire.
You will become everyone’s best friend. Not that you weren’t already…
Most importantly each recipe is delicious, simple and will inspire your creativity in the kitchen.
We look forward to sharing stories with you, cheering on your successes, and being your best pal in the kitchen!
Join us in our Seasonal Summer Kitchen
Will you join us for the most delicious summer ever?
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET:
Frequently Asked Questions
In order to take part in our online classes, all you need is your computer or tablet and an internet connection. No webcam required!
- We will provide you with an easy to download and printable PDF of the recipe each week so you can easily see what you’ll need.
- There will be a monitored comment section available right in the course! You can also ask questions in our Facebook group at any time or in our weekly live calls.
9 Weeks of inspired learning, connecting and making together with a new virtual cooking class each week
9 Recipes that showcase the best flavours and freshness that summer has to offer and will be in a downloadable format so you can make it again and again!
9 Fresh Fruit and Vegetable behind the scenes farm tours that show you how your food is really grown and how-to’s for selecting the very best!
9 Live Q & A’s with Hollis and Calder so that you can ask questions (about recipes, farming, family life!) and connect with us more sharing more tips and ideas for freshness
1 Incredible Summer that will create the most delicious memories for you and your family, inspiring you to make more from scratch and take time to enjoy life’s small joys.
Each week a new class will be uploaded to the course and you can simply click on the course elements and watch through the videos and read through the accompanying notes and tips!
Absolutely! We encourage anyone and everyone to participate. Working in the kitchen with your family can be some of the most rewarding time spent together.
We want to provide you with a full circle picture into where your food comes from. Even if you never plan on growing yourself, you’ll leave with a greater understanding and appreciation for where your food comes from!
There are no time limits to complete the course. You can take the course on your own time and at your own pace.
- A new class will be released every Monday for 9 weeks.
- We try to keep it as simple as possible. Here are a few tools you will need: mixing bowls, spatula, whisk, measuring spoons, measuring cups, baking dish, knives, baking dish, cookie sheet and a working stove top and oven! If you have a stand or hand mixer that will be an asset but isn’t required!
- Everything is online. We will also have a Facebook group so that you can interact with other participants and chat with the team!
- You are welcome to take the classes whenever and wherever you like! They are all pre-recorded so you can dive in whenever suits your schedule!
There is no need to worry about missing any classes. Once you sign up, all classes posted will be available to you FOREVER. You can watch and bake whenever/wherever you please!
Absolutely! We welcome everyone no matter what kind of experience you have already! Our goal is to connect you more to your food from wherever you are!
We feel that making from scratch is a life long adventure and feel that there’s always more to learn. Our student Heather, a self-professed seasoned baker said, “I was surprised at how much I learned from Hollis and her classes. I had a blast each Saturday creating something new and delicious I was able to not only eat but share with others.”
Once you complete the course, you will receive an official Murphy’s certificate of completion, not to mention all the delicious memories!
- Each section will vary based on what we are making. Some recipes will take under an hour to complete while others may take a few hours (like breads). The our inFARMation video components will take around 10 minutes each week.
- The material is yours FOREVER!
- Each week Hollis or Calder will jump on a live call to chat with you. You can ask questions, they will share some more tips and there may be an additional recipe thrown in!
Since our courses can be taken from anywhere in the world, we recommend buying locally, wherever is local to you and supporting local farmers. If you are in the area and want to stop by the farm, we sell a variety of fresh produce and baked goods. Head over to our website to see what is currently in store https://www.murphysfarmmarket.com
The farm and market is open daily 9am – 5pm from the middle of March until the end of December.
- Please feel free to email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!