Welcome to Murphy’s
Pick Your Own Strawberries!
We are SO excited to welcome you to our farm for another PYO season! Now, more than ever, families are looking for fun and socially responsible outings. That is why we have prepared the following list of rules and procedures to keep you, your families, and our staff safe during this 2020 season amid COVID-19.
To book your visit, you will select the number of people as well as the number of baskets you would like. You will also have to select an arrival time, which is broken down into 30 minute intervals from 9:15am to 4pm, allowing no more than 12 people to arrive every 30 minutes. You can take the time you need in the field to pick your berries, we just can not have any loitering in the fields.
What you need to know before coming to PYO:
- Stay at home if you’re experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have come in to contact with anyone possibly infected or if you have traveled.
- We are increasing our sanitation measures to help keep you safe – please do your part to keep our community safe while harvesting too.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled time be ensure you don’t miss your wagon out to the berry patch
- Send only those who are able to follow our rules and guidelines – Regardless of age, guests must be able to to follow all rules and guidelines. You will be given a reminder of these and if unable to follow rules, you will be asked to leave for everyone’s safety. All children must be directly supervised at all times and stay with the adult in their row.
- Always maintain a 6ft distance. Please keep a 6ft distance from others harvesting, as well as our staff.
- Wash and/or sanitize hands before and after harvesting. Wash stations and sanitizing stations are located throughout the field.
- Wear a mask or face covering whenever possible.
- Food should be washed directly before consumption – However, don’t wash far in advance as it can compromise the quality of the fruit.
- No eating in the field. During COVID-19, there will be a no tasting policy on the farm for health and safety reasons.
- You can only pick into approved containers. We will have two sized containers for sale.
- Entrance to the field will be limited to restrict numbers of guests and allow for proper spacing.
- Guests must stay in their assigned row. All guests must stay in the row assigned to them for picking in their groups. There is absolutely no jumping rows or wandering through the field. If you are not finding enough berries in your row – let one of our staff know and we’ll do our best to find you another place to pick.
- No berry left behind! Make sure you pick all ripe berries large and small for hygiene reasons and to help us keep the fields well picked so that strawberry season can last longer!
In order to meet the recommended guidelines we are currently only offer two groups of 6 or less people per 30 minute time slot. This allows for optimal social distancing on our wagon and in our field. Please pick a date and time and select the amount of people, including children, that are in your group.
We also encourage your to pre-purchase baskets. You will have the ability to purchase additional baskets in the field, but to limit exposure we are asking you to try and pre-purchase the baskets you will need.