REGISTRATION CLOSES IN:
Make your Christmas magic.
You’ve got this.
Christmas is ALL about the feels. The merriment, the music, the smells, the people, the traditions. It isn’t any one thing, but a zillion little ones.
You’re sitting by the fire while the snow flies outside. There is Christmas music playing. The smell of a turkey in the oven. And it just feels…peaceful. There’s nowhere to be but home. There’s little to do but soak in the joy of the day. The only thing you’re worried about is if Santa remembered to put batteries in the toys…
Your meal is prepped. You know exactly what to do when. You have a plan. You are a holiday hero.
All of this is possible for you.
While Christmas will definitely look different this year, it doesn’t have to FEEL different. It doesn’t have to be stress-filled. It will be joyful.
Let’s embrace the cozy blankets and snow falling outside. Gather virtually with family near and far, and tuck-in to the flavours that only come around once a year!
This will be your most delicious Christmas ever. Easy entertaining, time with family, living for the moments that make the Holidays special. Play your favourite song (again!), pour a seasonal drink and soak in all the magic of Christmas. You’ve got this.
This HOLIDAY SEASON YOU WILL
And the BEST part?!
You can ACTUALLY enjoy Christmas Day. No being chained to the oven missing out on all the fun. No travelling. No stress. You are right there, front and centre in the magic.
Hello, Lovely! Hollis here, your resident baker, teacher, and Christmas obsessed friend!
I am the Creative Director and Co-Owner at the farm. I am also a mama to 4 littles (all 5 and under!). If you know me, you know I am ALL about Christmas. The minute its November, it’s a flurry of bottle brush trees, garland and lights up in here.
If I don’t get started early, I get bogged down with the busyness of the bakery, shopping etc. and I just don’t feel that Holiday Magic. And I am all about the magic, so I have learned to get started early.
This applies to our Holiday meals too. It is SO much nicer to be present for the presents (ha!) and really enjoy the day. We’ve created a menu where so much can be prepped ahead so that the stress and rushing and oven anxiety is non-existent.
Are we aiming for perfection here? Heck no. That pursuit isn’t worth our time. We are aiming for enjoyment and embracing all the feels and laughing with and loving on the people we can gather with this year.
Know that there will be moments of panic for me about whether I remembered all the gifts… but it won’t be about dinner. Because we have a plan. And so do you.
I cannot wait to spend the Holiday Season with you! It’s going to be the best most delicious Christmas ever!
We have put together a roadmap to Christmas. And we will show you how to make an amazingly delicious meal that is stress free, prepped in advance and ready so that you can enjoy the day with your family. Let’s blast those Christmas tunes and get it going!
From our family to yours!
"There is no mistake you can make in the kitchen that I haven't already made before! Making from scratch is a life long adventure and I am always learning more." - Hollis English
Your Guide to a Stress Free Holiday Season
When you enrol in our ‘Home for the Holidays’ course you are signing up for a Holiday season full of delicious recipes, learning and fun.
Each video not only takes you step-by-step through Murphy’s famous holiday dishes but shows you how to prepare each dish ahead of time so you can spend more time with your family!
No extensive planning needed or to even leave the comfort of home. We do it all for you and hand deliver you a guide to holiday eating and enjoyment.
Each class features:
- A virtual cooking class with Hollis, creating a delicious recipe. Hollis makes alongside you, guiding and teaching you every step of the way. From your ingredient list right up until you take it out the oven!
- A printable recipe card download of the recipe of the week so you can easily make it again and again.
- A forum to ask questions with Hollis and discover some more holiday tips, tricks and recipes.
And because life happens on social media, our members only Facebook group will be a wonderful place to connect and share with us as well as your fellow classmates. We are here to cheer each other on so that this is the easiest and best feeling Holiday Season ever!
Everything from cocktails, to appetizers, to turkey, sides and desserts (of course!). We have got your back!
Most importantly your Holiday Season will be beautifully easy and enjoyable. Your meal will be mouth-wateringly delicious and you will feel more joy than ever. 2020 needs it.
We look so forward to sharing Holiday stories with you, cheering on your successes, and being your best pal in the kitchen in the lead up to Christmas!
Join us at Home for the Holidays
Will you join us for the most delicious and stress free holiday?
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL GET:
Frequently Asked Questions
In order to take part in our online classes, all you need is your computer or tablet and an internet connection. No webcam required!
- We will provide you with an easy to download and printable PDF of the recipes so you can easily see what you’ll need.
- There will be a monitored comment section available right in the course! You can also ask questions in our Facebook group at any time or live calls.
13 delicious step-by-step holiday recipe videos
13 downloadable PDF recipe cards
An exclusive wine talk with Sommelier Corinne Maud from 13th Street Winery
A virtual visit to Thatcher Farms for a sausage making class
Access to our exclusive Facebook group with fellow bakers
- 1 incredible Holiday Season with added surprise bonuses!
Once you enrol you will have access to all of the videos and downloadable files. You can watch them at your convenience and ask questions when they come up! The classes are all there when you sign in so you can watch them, whenever and wherever and how ever many times you like! There will be some live classes throughout the Holiday Season too that will be recorded if you can’t join live!
Absolutely! We encourage anyone and everyone to participate. Working in the kitchen with your family can be some of the most rewarding time spent together.
There are no time limits to complete the course. You can take the course on your own time and at your own pace.
- We try to keep it as simple as possible. Here are a few tools you will need: mixing bowls, spatula, whisk, measuring spoons, measuring cups, baking dish, knives, baking dish, cookie sheet and a working stove top and oven! If you have a stand or hand mixer that will be an asset but isn’t required!
- Everything is online. We will also have a Facebook group so that you can interact with other participants and chat with the team!
Absolutely! We welcome everyone no matter what kind of experience you have already! Our goal is to connect you more to your food from wherever you are!
We feel that making from scratch is a life long adventure and feel that there’s always more to learn. Our student Heather, a self-professed seasoned baker said, “I was surprised at how much I learned from Hollis and her classes. I had a blast each Saturday creating something new and delicious I was able to not only eat but share with others.”
- Each section will vary based on what we are making. Some recipes will take under an hour to complete while others may take a few hours.
- The material is yours FOREVER!
- We will make a post in our Facebook group announcing when we will be going live. Simply tune in to Facebook for the live event!
- When we began hosting these virtual online classes we wanted to provide an experience beyond anything else that you could find online. We researched and met with many industry leading professionals to ensure that the experience we provide is of the best quality. Our goal is to provide as close an experience as we can to the in person classes we would offer. To give you an idea, an in person class in the industry costs between $75 and $150 for one recipe.
Our recipe videos are shot and edited by our wonderfully creative videographer. We have a dedicated production team that develops every recipe, builds each class, designs all of the marketing imaging and content and more.
Beyond the recipes and advice that you receive when you purchase the experience, there are a number of LIVE video calls with Hollis where you can ask questions and she can help navigate you through your kitchen and the holidays. We also have a number of surprise bonuses planned that are built into the experience.
We are very much excited for our holiday classes and all that it includes over the next 6 weeks! It is going to be a one of a kind experience.
Since our courses can be taken from anywhere in the world, we recommend buying locally, wherever is local to you and supporting local farmers. If you are in the area and want to stop by the farm, we sell a variety of fresh produce and baked goods. Head over to our website to see what is currently in store https://www.murphysfarmmarket.com
The farm and market is open daily 9am – 5pm from the middle of March until the end of December.
- Please feel free to email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!