Our friends at From Farm to Table Canada Inc. sent us over some kettle chips this week. So in honour of our upcoming potato season.. we are testing out some new and fun ways to use potato chips in the kitchen!
First up… Sarah, our Agri-tourism and Events Manager, experimented with the Sea Salt chips in her ‘Brown Butter Potato Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies’!
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup crushed Seriously Crispy Kettle Chips
3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Let butter melt and then continue cooking the butter, stirring with a spatula, until little brown specks begin to appear on the bottom of the pan. Once the specks are a deep golden brown, remove from heat and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Let cool for 2 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and sugar to the brown butter. Mix until combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mixing until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and sea salt and mix until flour is all incorporated.
- Add potato chips and chocolate chips, stirring just until the are evenly distributed.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, spoon the cookie dough onto a baking sheet.
- You can lightly press the tops of the cookies down for a flatter yet still puffy cookie.
- Put the tray in the oven and bake for 10 – 13 minutes, until edges are golden brown and centres are still a bit soft.